Redmi announced the Note 5 Pro on February 14, 2018. The device offers the same premium feel and looks like its more expensive siblings, with a plastic body and a tall display. A dual-camera setup of 12mp main and 5mp depth sensor records stunning moments and clicks decent photos. But the camera comes with zero AI. So, you have to rely on the manual mode to take low light or enhanced photos.
The GCAM camera mod comes as an unofficial add-on to the native camera app of the Redmi Note 5. It enables you to take AI-powered pictures even on your Redmi Note 5.
In this post, we tell you how to install Redmi Note 5 Pro GCAM.
Download GCAM for Redmi Note 5 Pro
You can also check our article for installing GCAM for Redmi Note 5.
How To Install GCAM On Redmi Note 5 Pro?
- Ensure that no previous version of GCam is already installed on your device. If so, remove it before installing this one.
- Download the Google Camera apk file (GCam 8.3) for Redmi Note 5 Pro from the link provided above.
- Enable app installation from Unknown Sources in your device to install apps from third-party sources other than the Google Play Store.
- Navigate to Settings and type the term “unknown” into the search bar.
- For Android Nougat or earlier, select “Unknown sources” and activate that setting.
- Clicking on “Install unknown apps” on Android Oreo or later will take you to a selection of apps.
- Choose the app from which you want to install, i.e., the Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 Pro – GCam 8.3 Download apk.
- Go to Settings> search “unknown”> open the application from where you want to install (Chrome, Firefox, or the File Manager)> Install unknown apps> Enable from this source.
- After enabling, tap on the file to install and complete the installation.
Hope you were able to install GCAM in your Redmi Note 5 Pro device. Happy clicking!