Xiaomi officially secured the bootloader by reasoned to boost security system. Of course not all apparatus, just the most recent. The effect, we can no longer flash apparatus through fastboot. Another process to flash Xiaomi phones is through EDL Mode. However there are still many Xiaomi users who don’t understand how to get a device into EDL Mode, the reason is to enter EDL Mode is much more complex than going to Fastboot. Occasionally special tools are needed.
What is EDL Mode?
DL Mode stands for Emergency Download Mode. It’s the Special Mode to awarding the greater level of access to this smartphone on your Smartphone. From which you can Unlock Bootloader unofficially, Flash Stock Firmware, Unbrick your device, Fix Bootloop etc..
Things To Need Before We Get Started:
- First of all Install USB Driver of your Xiaomi devices.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot USB Drivers.
- Guide works for Xiaomi & Qualcomm Chipset smartphones only.
How To Boot Xiaomi Into EDL Mode?
1. Boot into EDL mode via ADB method
1. Download & Install ADB Drivers on your PC/Laptop.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Mobile.
3. Open Command Prompt in Windows PC/Laptop.
4. Connect your Xiaomi Mobile to PC/Laptop using USB Cable.
5. Type the following command Which is given below to check whether the smartphone is connected or not.
6. Now, If it shows the smartphone, then you use the following command given below to boot your device into EDL Mode (Emergency Download Mode).
adb reboot edl
7. That’s it!!! Now your Xiaomi Redmi boot into edl mode.
2. Boot into EDL mode via fastboot method.
This method is helpful for those users who are unable to boot into EDL mode via adb procedure [method 01], simply because your device is soft bricked or may be other reason.On that condition use this method to enter into EDL mode through fastboot mode control .
1. Download Fastboot EDL File & Extract it on your PC/Laptop. You will see 2-3 files extracted there.
2. Connect your Xiaomi Smartphone in Fastboot Mode. To do this Turn off your Smartphone first. Power it on (Boot into Fasbtoot) by Holding Power on + Volume Down button till the Mi Bunny Logo appears.
3. Now, Double click or run the edl.cmd file. The moment you run this file The Mi Bunny will disappear and your device will get rebooted to EDL Mode using a Blank display.
This was the process to boot into your apparatus in Emergency Download Mode on Xiaomi devices. This method is working for every Qualcomm devices. Hence, you may use this method on the other devices running on Qualcomm Chipset.
Below is a Video Tutorial For Xiaomi EDL Mode: