One of the most attractive features of a custom skin like MIUI 8 Developer ROM over stock Android is the ability to customize it. This allows Xiaomi mobile phone owners to not just change the wallpaper or ringtone but also change the system font.
In this article we will tell you how to change font in MIUI 8:
Setup Xiaomi Theme Designer
Xiaomi Theme Designer Program encourages users to make changes to Themes, Fonts or even build their product and post it to the Xiaomi Forum. Follow this step if you want to install new fonts without rooting your phone.
First and foremost, sign up for the Xiaomi Theme Designer role. This step guides you to get rid of this error – “Themes from third-party sources are not supported error: download | auth denied 402.”
Follow these steps to setup your account:-
- Open Xiaomi Design Program in Google Chrome and select ‘Login Now’ with the user account linked to your Xiaomi phones.
- Now, after successfully logging in, you must carefully fill out a short form by following these steps:
- First, select “Individual designer.”
- Fill in the “Designer name.”
- Fill in your phone number, personal photograph, and permanent address.
- Finally, accept the agreement and register to proceed.
The Xiaomi Team will validate your account after submission and send a confirmation mail.
After completing this step you can proceed with any of the following step to change the font in MIUI 8.
Install New Fonts on MIUI 8
- Install the iFont app from Google Play Store.
- Launch the application and choose your favorite third-party fonts from the list and save it to your device.
- After downloading, you can see a “Theme” icon. Press OK two times to enable it.
- Now, go to the offline tab of the “Themes” application.
- On the following tab, select Import and navigate to Internal Storage -> MIUI -> Theme and select the .mtz files of your third-party fonts.
Using iFont to change font
Whenever you want to install a new font and change the older one. Follow these steps:
- Go to the iFont app
- Search for a different font of your preference
- Download and repeat the steps mentioned in the previous section
Alternate way – Applying Imported Theme
You can also change the font by importing and installing a new theme to your MIUI 8 device.
Using an Imported Theme on MIUI 8, perform the following steps:
- Launch the “Fonts” shortcut from the App Drawer, which we have previously created.
- Select System font.
- Choose your font and hit the Apply button.
Your MIUI 8 fonts have been successfully modified. You can revert to your default fonts by selecting the default one from the options.
You can watch the whole process in this video guide as well:
Note:- Google’s Product Sans font is one of the most famous available, and if you want to use Product Sans font on MIUI 8, then download Product Sans and paste the product sans.mtz file in the theme folder and then choose the System font as Product Sans.
Bonus – Adding Fonts Shortcut on Home Screen (for Quick font change)
To make it easier for you to change the system font anytime, you can add a shortcut for it on the Home screen.
- Install the Quick Shortcut Maker app file from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and choose Settings from the options.
- Choose the Font Subitem from the Settings menu.
- Change the label and rename it to Fonts.
- Hit the “Create Button,” and the app icon, “Fonts,” will appear in the Home screen or Applications drawer.