So do you want to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A without a computer? If so then you’re at the right place. Today we are here using the guide on How to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A without Utilizing Computer. Xiaomi Found the Redmi 5a at India naming it as Desh ka smartphone. The smartphone has been already launched in China in October and they have launched it in India.
The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels in a PPI of 294 pixels per inch. Redmi 5A cost in India starts from Rs. 6,479.
The Redmi 5A is powered by a 1.4GHz quad-core chip as it comes with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB of storage that may be enlarged up to 256GB via a microSD card. So far as the cameras are involved, the Redmi 5A packs a 13-megapixel main camera on the rear plus a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The Redmi 5A runs Android 7.1.2 and is powered with a 3000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 140.40 x 70.10 x 8.40 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 137.00 g.
Pre-requisite Requirments to Root Redmi 5A
- Do back up all your files before doing the root of your Xiaomi mobile.
- Make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader of Redmi 5A.
- Download Xiaomi Redmi 5A USB Driver & Install them on your computer.
- Download ADB Drivers & Install them also.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi 5A
An unlocking bootloader is compulsory for this process. Hence, Go through the under tutorial to unlock the bootloader of this device using the Mi Flash Unlock Tool which is an Official way.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 5A
1. Download Redmi 5A Toolkit & Extract it onto your computer. Make sure you have installed ADB & Fastboot Drivers we have supplied links in the requirements section.
2. Connect the unit to the pc in Fastboot Mode.
If you do not understand how to Boot Redmi 5A in the fastboot mode then follow the steps given below.
- Switch off your device fully.
- Switch in your smartphone by Pressing”Power on button Volume Down button” both at the same moment.
- Hold the keys until Mi Logo looks & you’ll be at the fast boot mode now.
3. This open control window having various operations for your device.
4. Now, From the choices, To put in TWRP Recovery type”41″ & hit the enter button.
5. Now, you need to press any key to keep TWRP recovery installation. As soon as you hit any key, The toolkit will begin installing TWRP Retrieval on the attached smartphone.
Also, Make sure that you have connected your cell phone in Fastboot mode to PC & you’ve installed proper USB Drivers.
You’ve successfully installed TWRP retrieval on Xiaomi Redmi 5A. Now, You can head to root this device with your favorite root control application.
Time to root the Redmi 5A
There are two ways to root your Xiaomi Redmi 5A/Redmi 5A, one having Magisk, and another using SuperSU. Magisk is more favored since it gets you tons of customization due to its own modules, and not just that, hiding root can also be easy when you need to (in the event of apps like Android Pay, etc.). While SuperSU is a very simple origin hint, that just does the job.
#1 Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A using Magisk
- Boot your device into TWRP retrieval. (Swipe about the display to permit for system modification if it asks.)
- Harness Install and pick the Magisk zip file which you moved to a device in Step 1.
- After Choosing the .zip file, do Swipe to Verify Flash on the bottom of the screen to start the flashing process.
- After Magisk is flashed, you are going to get Reboot System option, pick it to restart your Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- When your device reboots, start the Magisk Manager app and check your device’s root standing.
- That’s all. Enjoy systemless root using Magisk in your Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
#2 Root Xiaomi Redmi 5A using SuperSU
- Download the Magisk Zip file.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file into your Xiaomi Redmi 5A.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. (Swipe about the screen to allow for system alteration if it asks.)
- Tap on Install and pick the SuperSU zip file which you moved to a device in Step 1.
- After Choosing the .zip record, do Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the display to start the flashing process.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you are going to get Reboot System alternative, select it.
- That is it. To confirm, download/install any root checker app from the Play Store.
I trust you find these steps easy to follow and that you enjoy the right of having root access on your own device.
So you have just managed to root Xiaomi Redmi 5A and install TWRP on it. Kindly use the comment section below in the event that you have any queries.
- How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus / Note 5 & Install TWRP Recovery (Rosy)
- How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 5 & Install TWRP Recovery (Rosy)