Xiaomi has indulged in multiple arenas and one of them is the dashcam market. Their device named the Yi dashcam is one of the products which have become popular in the dash cam segment. This device is highly appealing to car owners for recording their journey from the dashboard of their car. The following are the steps to update the firmware for your Xiaomi Yi dash cam firmware.
How To Update Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam Firmware?
The process is split into two parts which you can follow to install the firmware in the Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam.
Download Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam Firmware
- Open the following link using Chrome browser – http://www.xiaoyi.com/update/sports/index.html?lang=en
- Translate the page into English using the Chrome translate option
- Select the latest firmware or the one that you want to install.
- Select the SN number of your device from the list and click on ‘Get Firmware Version’.
- The download link will appear. Click on ‘download’. The download will begin.
- Prepare your MicroSD card and card reader. The card should be a minimum of 16GB Class 10 MicroSD card.
- Connect hem to your PC and format the card to FAT32 format.
- Copy the firmware file and paste it into the MicroSD. Rename the file as “firmware.bin”.
- Now disconnect your MicroSD card from the PC and insert it into the camera.
Install Xiaomi Yi Dash Cam Firmware in the device
- Your camera should be at least 50% charged before you install the firmware in the device.
- Turn on the camera. It will start beeping for few minutes. A red light will flash after that and the camera will automatically shut down.
- Now turn on the wifi of your camera and pair it with your mobile device through the dashcam application.
- Once paired, the feed from the camera will automatically be shown on your phone. Click on the ‘Settings’ icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘Device Settings’ and the firmware version is shown under the ‘Firmware’ option.
Finally, check the firmware version and match it with the one that you downloaded.
What is Xiaomi Yi Dashcam?
Xiaomi Yi dashcam is a camera that allows you to record videos of your car journey in 720p-30fps to 2k-30fps along with the audio. It is a compact device and can be mounted on the dashboard or windscreen of your car. The device features wifi, thus connecting it to your mobile device through the application that Xiaomi provides. This application allows you to get the camera feed directly on your mobile screen and allows you to access the camera functions through your mobile device, providing you with full control of the camera.