The Xiaomi Poco F1 may now be rooted to have access to plenty of perks. After you root POCO F1, you’ll be able to use all of the previously incompatible applications. Additionally, you have the option of speeding up and extending the battery life of your phone.
In addition, the Poco F1 may be customized by flashing a custom ROM. It’s also possible to do several other tasks including a factory reset, overclocking, generating a Nandroid backup, and increasing RAM. Crossover constraints imposed by the manufacturer have been removed thanks to Root. What’s more? Rooting your phone gives you full control over your phone.
In this tutorial, we’ll root Poco F1 phone both with and without a PC :
You must meet the following requirements before we can begin the process of rooting your POCO F1 smartphone:
- Make certain that you have unlocked the POCO F1 bootloader. If you want to root your phone you’ll need to complete this step.
- POCO F1 users will have to do a TWRP recovery installation. (NOTE: Depending on the development, the TWRP file may or may not be accessible)
- Check to see whether your POCO F1 has at least 75% battery life left before you attempt to root it.
- A complete backup of your Android should always be taken. If you ever lose any vital files, you’d be able to recover them using this.
POCO F1 users can only use this approach since it is exclusive to that device. This approach will not work on any other smartphone, so please don’t attempt it. Otherwise, your phone will be permanently damaged.
Steps to Root Poco F1 With One Click Root
- To begin, get OneClickRoot for your PC.
- Install it by running the executable file that was downloaded.
- Now, open OneClickRoot and begin the rooting process.
- Connect the POCO F1 to the PC using the included USB cord.
- Please make sure you have a decent Internet connection before you start.
- Go to “Root Now” and choose your phone after it’s been detected.
- Be patient and wait for the procedure to be finished.
- Congratulations, Now your POCO F1 is rooted.
How to Root Poco F1 Using a Computer/Laptop
Installing TWRP will need you to fulfill these prerequisites before you start.
- Only the Xiaomi Poco F1 (beryllium) model is compatible with the file and the tutorial. Try it on another device only if you’re sure you want to.
- The bootloader of the Xiaomi Poco F1 should be unlocked.
- USB cable and PC/Laptop are necessary for this procedure.
- Completely charge your device’s battery.
- Rooting with SuperSU requires the use of the SuperSU zip file. Click here to download
- Rooting with Magisk Zip requires the use of the Magisk zip file. Click here to download
- Qualcomm USB Drivers for Xiaomi. Click here to download.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Click here to download.
Method 1 : Using the ADB and Fastboot Software
Follow the installation instructions when you’ve downloaded and extracted all of the necessary files, drivers, and software.
- To begin, make sure your device is in USB Debugging mode and the Developer Options are enabled.
- To activate Developer options mode, go to Settings > System > About Phone > then seven times touch on the Build Number.
- To enable USB debugging, navigate to the Settings -> Developer settings and toggle the option on.
- Next, go to your computer’s desktop and find the ADB & Fastboot folder. To open a command window, hold down the Shift key while clicking the right mouse button.
- Go into Fastboot mode by turning off your device then pressing and holding the Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time for several seconds.
- Using a USB cord, connect your device to the PC and execute the following command in the command window: adb reload the operating system
- It is now possible to use your device as a fastboot device.
- To see whether a fastboot device is attached, run the following command and press Enter: fastboot devices
- Press the enter key after typing the following command to begin installing TWRP Recovery: fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- You may use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img to simply boot.
There you have it. The TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Poco F1 has been successfully installed. After that, you’ll need to do a Root.
Method 2 : Install TWRP Poco F1 Without PC
1. Before moving on to the following step, make sure you have the latest version of ‘Magisk. zip‘ installed on your Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
2. Then, to enter ‘Recovery Mode,’ hold down the ‘Volume Down + Power Button’ buttons simultaneously (at the same time) until the boot animation shows on your device.
3. After that, you need to tap on ‘Install’. Then locate and pick the downloaded file (magisk.zip) before tapping ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’.
4. The installation will take just a few seconds to finish. Simply press on ‘Reboot’ to finish the flashing procedure.
There you have it. With Magisk, you’ve now successfully rooted your Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
Install Orange Fox Recovery For Poco F1
- Install Orange Fox Recovery by first moving the downloaded file to your phone’s internal storage (usually the SD card).
- If TWRP Recovery was installed on your device, now is the time to boot.
- Tap on the Install button once you’ve entered TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on it and choose to install the Xiaomi Poco F1’s Orange Fox Recovery.
- Once you’ve located it, press on the file’s name and then swipe to confirm the flash.
- The Orange Fox Recovery Project will be installed on the Poco F1.
- Download and install the TWRP recovery on your Poco f1.
Install Twrp In Poco F1
To flash TWRP on Xiaomi Pocophone F1, follow these steps.
- Locate the ADB and Fastboot directories on your PC and open them.
- Then TWRP Recovery should be extracted into the ADB and Fastboot folders.
- Change the file name of the TWRP Recovery to TWRP.img.
- While pressing the shift key on your keyboard, right-click the mouse in an empty space, then choose Open a command window here.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Poco F1 in Fastboot mode:
- Shut off your Xiaomi smartphone. For a few seconds, hold down the Power button and the Volume Down key at the same time.
- Then use a USB cord to connect your Xiaomi Pocophone F1 to your PC/laptop.
Make sure your Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is detected in Fastboot mode by performing the following commands:
- Fastboot devices
- Flash the recovery TWRP:
- Fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
Normal mode restart of Xiaomi Pocophone F1: Fastboot reboot
The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 has now been successfully flashed using TWRP.
Holding the Volume Up + Power buttons together for a few seconds will put your phone into TWRP Recovery mode. As soon as you see the MI logo on the screen, immediately release the two keys you’ve been pressing.
Install TWRP Poco F1 Without PC
- You must first download SuperSU.zip in order to root the Poco F1 and save this file to your internal storage. Click here to download
- Boot your Poco F1 into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on Install on the TWRP recovery’s main menu.
- Select the downloaded SuperSU.zip file that you initially downloaded.
- To begin the SuperSU flashing procedure, swipe to the right.
- If everything goes well, a root successful notification will display on the screen.
Congratulations on installing TWRP and SuperSU on your Poco F1.