Xiaomi has rolled out the latest MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global update for the Redmi smartphones. The update includes some major improvements in the performance and user interface. In this guide, you will learn how to get the latest MIUI 8 download for Redmi 2.
Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM
Download Links for MIUI 8 Stable ROM V22.214.171.124.KHJMIDG for Xiaomi Redmi 2 phone
Changelog for MIUI 8 Global Stable V126.96.36.199.KHJMIDG ROM for Redmi 2 phone
The Redmi 2 MIUI 8 Global Stable V188.8.131.52.KHJMIDG version is a significant upgrade and has the following changelog:-
- Fix – Lock screen settings when watching a video has been patched.
- Fix – A bug that resulted in no action being taken after a long-pressed message has been corrected.
- Fix – A bug has been patched that stopped users from blocking null phone numbers.
- Fix – Download notification problem fixed.
- Optimized – The status bar features have been redesigned, optimized, and animations have been added, and User Experience has been improved.
- Optimized – Animation for successful Wi-Fi link
- Optimized – Separate sound and vibration approvals for alerts and optimization.
- Optimization – Task Manager settings and Task Manager UI info
- New – Quick ball tap gesture
- New – Floating message format for incoming calls
- New – Use mobile data via different SIM cards
How to Update/Flash MIUI 8 Global Stable V184.108.40.206.KHJMIDG on your Redmi 2
Many Xiaomi users are having trouble upgrading their devices to MIUI 8’s new update. Here’s a quick guide to update your device. You can update your Xiaomi Redmi 2 in two ways:
- Automatically via the Updater App
- Manually by flashing the updated ROM
Automatic update via Updater app (OTA):
Open the Updater App, ensure that you have proper internet connectivity, and choose “Check for updates,” and it will automatically update your device. If this method doesn’t work for you, then try the second method.
Update via Manual Flashing using Fastboot or Recovery:
Here are the steps:-
- Download the Redmi 2 MIUI 8 Recovery ROM from the given links, copy it to your device’s internal storage, and rename it to “update.zip.”
- Open the Updater app from the tools folder.
- Select “Reboot to Recovery Mode” from the three dots in the top right corner of the app.
- From the Recovery menu, choose Install Update.zip.
- Install the update.zip in the recovery mode, and then reboot your device after completion.
Here are the steps:-
- Connect your phone to your PC, and download the latest Xiaomi Drivers
- Download and Install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC
- Ensure that USB Debugging is turned on.
- Turn off your phone and press the Volume Down + Power buttons to enter Fastboot mode.
- Open the Mi Flash tool and connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Navigate to the location of your Fastboot Rom and copy the file path and Paste the ROM address into MiFlash and press the “Refresh” button
- Finally, press the “Flash” button to begin the flashing and wait for the progress bar to become green.
Update: Xiaomi Redmi 2 MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global version is now available
Xiaomi recently released MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global ROM, and this post is to notify you about the MIUI 22.214.171.124 stable version. The MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global is an optimized ROM, hence you won’t face any problems after installation.
Prerequisites to install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 2:
- Make a necessary backup of your files
- The battery should be at least 80%.
MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global ROM Download Links
Xiaomi Redmi 2’s latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Rom is Marshmallow-based ROM, and here are the download links for MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Rom:-
How to install the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 2?
The recovery method is the simplest way to update your Xiaomi Redmi 2 to MIUI 126.96.36.199. Download the MIUI 188.8.131.52.zip file, rename it to “update.zip,” and follow the steps outlined in the previous method to complete the installation of the MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global ROM.
- Download and install the Mi Flash Tool.
- Then, download the Xiaomi Redmi 2 MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global FastBoot stable Rom on your PC.
- Repeat the steps outlined in the previous section.
After applying these methods, you can successfully update your Xiaomi Redmi 2 MIUI to MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global and enjoy all the latest features.
Now that you have downloaded and installed MIUI 8 in your device, you can also check out our article on how to change font in MIUI 8