MIUI 9 version of Xiaomi’s proprietary OS was launched in 2017. MIUI 9 comes with lots of features including split-screen, picture-in-picture mode, smart assistant, smart app launchers, smart settings, AI-based optimization, and lots more. This post covers the easy ways to download MIUI 9 for Xiaomi phones.
Download MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM for Mi phones
|Mi 5 Fastboot ROM
|Mi Max 32G Fastboot ROM
|Mi 2/2S Fastboot ROM
|Mi Note Fastboot ROM
|Mi 4iFastboot ROM
|Mi 6 Fastboot ROM
Download MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM for Redmi phones
|Redmi Note 4 Fastboot ROM
|Redmi 3S/3X Fastboot ROM
|Redmi 2 Fastboot ROM
|Redmi 2 Fastboot ROM
|Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm Fastboot ROM
|Redmi 4X Fastboot ROM
How to flash MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM in Mi or Redmi devices?
- Add your MI account on your smartphone and PC.
- Go to Developer settings to enable OEM unlocking and Mi unlocking status. Add your Mi account to the page that pops up.
- Backup everything.
- Download the latest ADB drivers on your PC and extract the files. Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-tool-windows-adb-fastboot-and-drivers-15-seconds-adb-installer-v1-4-3.2588979/
- Install the latest Mi unlock tool on your pc. Link: https://en.miui.com/unlock/download_en.html
- Download the OrangeFox Recovery tool on your pc and extract the files. Link: https://t.me/ROMRecoveryNews/252
- Run the .exe file that appears in the folder. A blue window pops up. Type ‘Y’ and hit enter to finish the installation of the drivers.
- Now boot your smartphone into the fastboot mode by hitting the power button and volume down button for a few seconds and connect your phone to your pc.
- Open the Mi unlock tool and select your device and select the unlock option. All storage will be wiped.
- Connect the device to your Mi account to activate it and boot it into the fastboot mode.
- Check the Mi unlock tool and it will be unlocked now.
- Open the OrangeFox Recovery folder that you’ve extracted.
- Hold shift on the keyboard and right-click on your mouse and select “Open PowerShell window here”.
The PowerShell window will pop up. Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” into the window and hit enter. The recovery writing process will be finished in a few seconds.
Hold the volume up and power button together in your device to boot it into the recovery mode. Your device will boot into the OrangeFox Recovery. Go to ‘Format data’ and type yes. Then go to the ‘Reboot’ option to reboot the system.
- Now copy the OrangeFox .zip file into the internal memory of your device. Refresh your device and open the file on your smartphone.
- Swipe from the bottom arrow in your device to install the files.
- Copy the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM into the internal storage of your device. Refresh your device and open the file.
Select the checkbox for “Reboot after installation” and swipe to install and flash the OS. Disconnect your device from the PC and complete the setup on the device. The process is complete.